Summer recap & looking ahead
Over the summer Rainbow Blades have been busy engaging with members and the community. This work has now led to us surpassing 500 members which is just incredible.
Some of the things we have seen this summer,
· Rainbow Blades featured on Sky Sports News to discuss the group, EDI & the upcoming season.
· Rainbow Blades currently features in the Football Art Prize Exhibition in Millenium Gallery. The exhibition is open until 30th October.
· Our committee has grown from 4 to 8.
· As featured in the last programme, we held our annual 11 a side charity match, Sheffield Rainbow Laces Cup which featured Ellie & Nina Wilson & Tony Currie.
· Rainbow Blades, Sheffield United Community Foundation & Sheffield United took part in Pinknic, which is Sheffield’s largest city centre LGBTQ+ event. Ambassadors Ellie Wilson, Tony Currie & Sam Badger attended the event.
Looking ahead to our 3rd season there is more we want to do and to ensure Sheffield United remains at the forefront for positive change. We want to be Bold & Brave in our approach.